Effective Date : 7, September, 2017
“Eyedentity” means Eyedentity Games, Inc.
“Game(s)” means the interactive software entertainment products and services made available to end users by Eyedentity.
“Include,” “Includes,” and “Including,” whether capitalized or not, means including without limitation.
“Post” means to upload, post, create, make available, send, share, communicate or transmit.
“Service” or “Services” means the functionalities, gameplay, technologies, and other aspects of our Site, our Games, and all Site- and Game-related products and services.
“Site” or “Website” means dragonnest.com and other such URLs as may be controlled by Eyedentity.
You may be able to access third party services (including through links, advertisements, or other means), including social networks, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+, from our Games. When doing so, please understand that those third parties have their own set of information practices. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third parties.
By agreeing to the Terms, you consent to the collection of information for the purposes defined in this Policy, without prejudice to your right to refuse afterwards such a use.
1. Information Practices Concerning Children
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please stop using our Services. If you are under the age of majority in your country of residence, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to register for the Services (and you will provide evidence of such permission to us upon our request). If you do not have your parent or legal guardian’s permission (or cannot provide evidence of such permission to us upon our request), please stop using our Service.
We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in monitoring their children’s use of the Services. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from children under the age of 13, we will make efforts to promptly delete that information.
2. Types Of Information We Collect
We require certain information from you in order to provide the Services to you.
Personal Information. When you use our Services, we may collect and store personally identifiable information that you have directly provided on a voluntary basis. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his/her physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. For example, when you register with us, we may collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, username, nicknames and passwords, and social networking usernames and information. Once registered, you may also have the option of completing a user profile. Your user profile may include Personal and non-Personal Information, depending on how you complete the profile. We do not require Personal Information from you in order to access our Sites or some aspects of our Services. However, you will not be able to utilize certain features of our Services unless you create a profile and share with us some Personal Information. For example, you will not be able to play some of our Games, receive materials such as newsletters, or make purchases without a profile being created.
Technical and Usage Information. To enable your use of our Services, we collect technical and usage information such as your IP address, your browser type, browser language, referring and exit URLs (including, without limitation, your access to third party sites (including through links, advertisements, or other means), including social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+), interactions with other users, usage statistics with the Services, and device identification information regarding the computers, the servers or other devices with which you use our Services.
3. Who Is Collecting Information
Information subject to this Policy is collected by Eyedentity. When you are asked for Personal Information while using the Service, you are sharing that Personal Information with Eyedentity, its parent, its sister companies, and its affiliates, unless specifically stated otherwise.
In addition, some Services are provided in conjunction with third party companies, and thus your Personal Information may be collected by a company that is not a part of or related to Eyedentity. This collection may occur by itself or occur simultaneously with Eyedentity’s collection of the same information. However, in such instance you will be notified at the time the Personal Information is collected. If you do not want your Personal Information to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer of Personal Information by not using that particular Service or by not providing any Personal Information at that time.
4. When and How We Collect Information About You
We may collect information about you and your use of the Services in a number of ways:
When Provided Directly from You. As mentioned above, we collect information about you directly from you in certain circumstances, including when you register for an account, you submit gameplay preferences, or you communicate directly with us through e-mail, web submission or other communication channel.
When You Communicate with or Share with Other Users. You may also participate in certain activities on our Services that give you the opportunity to voluntarily communicate or share information with other Eyedentity users, such as posting messages on a message board, in-game situations, posting public comments to user profiles or games, sending private messages, sending invitations, and posting photos. We may occasionally monitor, record, store and process these communications and interactions in order to protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend Eyedentity’s rights and property.
To Ensure Compliance with the Terms. In order to maintain the integrity of the Service and to ensure compliance with the Terms, we reserve the right to use automated tools to scan and obtain information from your computer, software, and parts or portions thereof, including, but not limited to, your computer's random access memory, video card, central processing unit, hard drive(s) and any other storage devices in order to assist our efforts in policing users who may implement programs and/or scripts used to develop and/or use "hacks" and/or "cheats" to gain advantage over other users. Such programs or scripts include, but are not limited to, packet editors, cheat engines and WinSocket providers. In addition to such programs or scripts, we may record gameplay, chat posts or other interactions you have with the Service as part of our provision of the Service or if we suspect that you are violating the Terms. Such recordings will be used to determine if you have in fact violated the Terms. The right to monitor and record your interactions with the Service to ensure compliance with the Terms is in addition to the other rights to monitor and record as provided for in this Policy.
Through Cookies and Similar Technological Means. When you use our Services, Eyedentity may collect information about your use and interaction with those Services. The bulk of this information is collected and stored through the use of technological means like cookies, log files, and analytical measurements and tools.
• Cookies are small files containing limited amounts of information that are automatically generated by a website, game, or other interactive service and are stored on your hard drive or device. Cookies are not stored in our Games. Cookies may help you navigate the Services as easily as possible, may allow you to customize your user experience, or provide other means of enhancing our Services. We collect information using cookies in order to analyze the usage of our Games, for authentication purposes, and to improve and personalize the Services we provide to you. Cookies may be delivered to your device as part of your access to and use of our Games. You may have the option to reject cookies, depending on a variety of factors such as your device and device preferences, though you should be aware that rejecting cookies may impair certain functionalities offered from within the Service, such as allowing you to complete a purchase. You may occasionally get cookies from our advertisers or other third parties with links on the Site. We do not control these cookies. The use of advertising cookies sent by third party ad servers is a common practice for online service providers. For more information on how to do manage cookies on your device, please refer to the documentation accompanying your web browser software.
• Log files are small files that typically contain IP addresses. An IP address is a numeric address that may be assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. In general, we use log files to deliver the content within the Services to you, to monitor traffic on Service, to troubleshoot technical problems and authenticate users' entitlements to our products. In the event of user abuse of our Services, however, we may block certain IP addresses or game system IDs provided by our licensed hardware manufacturers. If available, IP addresses and game system IDs may be used in order to enforce our Terms of Service.
Analytics and Research
We may use analytics- and research-oriented cookies to collect information about how visitors use our Services. We may use the information to compile reports and to help make improvements to the Services. Analytics- and research-oriented cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of users of our Services, where users have come from, why types of computer systems they use, etc.
These cookies help us to identify our users so that when you’re logged in, you can enjoy Eyedentity’s Services and their features to the fullest extent.
Service Features and Performance
We may use feature-tracking cookies to collect information about how our Services are performing. We may use the information to compile reports and to help make improvements to the Services.
Security and Service Integrity
We may use security-based cookies to heighten the security offerings of our Services. We may use information obtained from security and service integrity cookies to, among other things, enforce our Terms of Service and to protect the safety of our users.
You may block these cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Sites or play our Games.
5. How We Use the Information We Collect
To Provide the Services: We may use the Personal Information, Non-Personal Information and Technical and Usage Information we collect in the following ways:
• To create your account, which allows you to utilize our Services and communicate with other users;
• To provide you the proper functioning of the Service, which may require the sharing of information with third party(ies) consistent with the provisions of this Policy;
• To provide you with a customized or personalized experience;
• To provide you with technical support or to respond to your questions or comments;
• To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations;
• To provide you with relevant and targeted or direct advertising from Eyedentity or third parties; and
• To send you e-mails with useful updates or promotions about our Games and other products and services.BY AGREEING TO THE TERMS, YOU CONSENT TO THIS USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU MAY REVOKE YOUR CONSENT AT ANY GIVEN TIME, THOUGH DOING SO MAY IMPAIR THE PROPER FUNCTIONING OF THE SERVICES.
To Protect the Integrity of the Services: As noted above, we may collect and store information to ensure compliance with the Terms. In addition, we may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information about you and your actions if we suspect that your actions on Service, including communications on forums, Service-enabled communications or images of in-game situations, could violate or infringe upon the Terms, endanger the integrity and/or the security of the Services, put at risk your safety or the safety of other users, or would otherwise be illegal. We may combine this information with any other information about you for these purposes.
BY AGREEING TO THE TERMS, YOU CONSENT TO THE RECORDING, STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF SUCH COMMUNICATIONS YOU SEND OR RECEIVE FOR THESE PURPOSES.
To Evaluate and/or Improve Upon the Services: We use Non-Personal Information and Technical and Usage Information to build higher quality, more useful Services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Services. We also may use Non-Personal Information and Technical and Usage Information for security or debugging purposes, technical support and to protect against user abuse. We may group this information into aggregate visitor data in order to describe the use of the Services to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also group demographic and preferences information and responses to surveys that we collect from visitors into aggregate data for the same purposes. However, please be assured that this aggregate data will in no way personally identify you or any other user of the Service.
To Address, Prevent or Limit Illegal Activities: We reserve the right to use and/or release any or all information contained within our databases, access logs or other records concerning you if you violate the Terms, policies, notices, agreements or guidelines, or intentionally or unintentionally partake (or are reasonably suspected of partaking) in any illegal activity, including, but not limited to, hacking, even without a subpoena, warrant or other court order, and to release such information in response to court and governmental orders, civil subpoenas, discovery requests and as otherwise required by law, and/or to initiate our own legal proceedings. We cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who may be using the Service (or any part thereof) for illegal activities. We also reserve the right to report any suspicious or suspected illegal activity to law enforcement individuals or entities for investigation or prosecution.
6. Sharing Of Your Information
It is our policy not to share your Personal Information with third parties unaffiliated with Eyedentity for their own use except in the following circumstances:
• With Your Consent. From time to time we may ask for your consent to share Personal Information with third parties. For example, from time to time we may make on behalf of third parties special offers to our users. If you decide to respond to the offer, you would be sharing information with that third party, and may be sharing information with Eyedentity simultaneously. When we ask for your consent, it is your choice whether to grant it or not, though certain features, offers or functionalities of the Service may be impaired depending on your choice. If you choose to not give your consent, we will not share your Personal Information with the third party at issue (unless another circumstance applies).
• Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers, such as payment gateway companies, platform service companies, and analytics companies, to help us provide or improve the Games we offer you. We may share your Personal Information with these third party service providers so that they may provide their services to us. In addition, some third party service providers may require the transmission and/or storage of information about you and your activities on services and devices not controlled by Eyedentity (including Personal Information about you). For example, use of Google Analytics, a web analytic service offered by Google Inc. requires that certain information about your activities be transmitted to and stored on Google servers based in the Google will use this information in order to evaluate your usage of our Services, to make reports on Service activities and/or to other such services as Eyedentity may request. Google may also match up this information with other data of Google depending upon your current device and privacy settings. The same applies for other analytics companies and similar service providers as may be engaged by Eyedentity from time to time. As Eyedentity does not control your device’s privacy settings or the privacy settings of third party tools and technologies that function alongside the Service, Eyedentity encourages you to review your device’s privacy settings as well as your privacy settings of third party tools such as those offered by online advertising networks and other service providers.
• Other Eyedentity Users. Some of your Personal Information (including information in your profile such as your name, nickname(s), and country) may be visible to other Eyedentity users as a normal part of the Service. Other Eyedentity users (both those who are your social networking friends and those who are not your social networking friends) may be able to view information about your uses and interactions, such as your game results, scores, and profile information.
• Legal Purposes. We may provide your Personal Information to third parties where we have a good faith belief that doing so is required by law or to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities. We may also provide your Personal Information to third parties in order to protect the rights or property of a third party or Eyedentity, including enforcing our Terms.
• Health or Safety. We may share your Personal Information when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health or safety of you, another person, or the public generally.
• Game Events. For some game related events, we may share information, including your profile and nicknames, with third parties or the general public. For example, a Game-related tournament may include a description of the players, an overview of the Games played, etc.
• Licensors, Licensees, Developers and Co-Publishers. We may share your Personal Information with our business partners such as our licensors, licensees, developers and co-publishers, during and upon termination of the contracted service in case the license agreement with the partner licensors and developers requires as such.With respect to your Non-Personal Information and Technical and Usage Information, we may share such information with third parties for various purposes, including for the purpose of explaining our user demographics or improving the quality or delivery of our services and the marketing materials available through the Games. We may use third party advertisers and advertising networks to deliver advertising within the Services. We may share your Non-Personal Information, including your operating system, country location, and Games usage information with these third party advertisers for the purposes of delivering these advertisements. Moreover, these third parties may utilize technological means to deliver the advertisement, including use of their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from the Site. If an advertiser on a third party advertising network asks us to show an advertisement to a certain audience and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or advertising network may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. If you want to prevent a third party advertising network from sending and reading cookies on your computer, you must visit each third party advertising network's website individually and opt out (if they offer this capability).
Finally, some features may allow you to share information about you and your use of the Service with others. For example, the Service may allow you to link your Service account with third party social networking sites. When doing so, please understand that you are sharing information directly with third parties, not with Eyedentity, and that those third parties have their own set of information practices. When you engage in such sharing, you may be allowing others to view the content you Post, your name, and more. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third parties, nor for any sharing of your information (Personal Information or otherwise) with any third party. We recommend careful consideration before you Post anything to such media, and we strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information.
7. Your Choices
Correct or Delete Personal Information. You may also request that we correct or delete Personal Information about you. To do so, please contact us. You may also send in a written request to Eyedentity. Please make sure that your request to correct or delete Personal Information is clear and includes all Personal Information you want to have corrected or deleted. If you wish to have all Personal Information about you deleted, you may simply ask for a complete and permanent deletion. For your security, we reserve the right to contact you to confirm and verify your request to correct or delete Personal Information, including the right to request additional information to confirm your identity and that you have the right to correct or delete Personal Information tied to a particular account. If we request additional information and it is not provided to us, we will not act on the request to correct or delete Personal Information. If we seek and obtain such confirmation or verification, we will respond to your request promptly. We may retain a copy of your Personal Information for a limited (but reasonable) period of time after processing your request in case you decide to begin using the Service again.
Please note that your request to delete certain Personal Information may restrict or prohibit your use of the Games and/or the Service, while the deletion of all of your Personal Data will lead to the termination of your account and your ability to use the Services. Also, in some cases, we may not be able to delete your Personal Information and will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Request for Access to Personal Information. Where allowed by law, you may request access to your Personal Information. You may also send in a written request to Eyedentity. We will process that request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures in place for dealing with such requests.
There may be circumstances where we are unable to provide access to your Personal Information. We may deny, or restrict access for legally permissible reasons, such as situations where the information contains references to other individuals and is not reasonably severable, or where it cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons. We will advise you of any reason for denying or restricting an access request.
Information Shared with Third Parties. Any information shared with a third party, whether through the Service or not, is subject to the control of that third party, and therefore a request made to Eyedentity to “opt out” or to correct or delete Personal Information will not have any impact on the third party’s use or storage of that information.
8. Security of Your Information
Although we do not represent that we follow any particular, independent code of best practices, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. For example, we protect some of your Personal Information by using a firewall and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security threats, there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, so we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We strongly recommend that you take steps to maximize the security of your Personal Information, such as not sharing your login information and logging out of your account after you are done using our Service.
All users should be aware that, when they disclose Personal Information to others through or using the Service, the information being shared may be made publicly available and may be collected and used by others outside of the control of Eyedentity. When you disclose about you to others, you do so at your own risk and we are not responsible for protecting the information that you choose to communicate to other users on the Service, or for the actions of other users.
10. California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Disclosures
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits customers of Eyedentity who are residents of the State of California, United States of America to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
At this time Eyedentity does not respond to Do Not Track requests.
© 2017 Eyedentity Games Inc. - All Rights Reserved.